The 3 R’s to Going Green
My family and I are always looking for ways to go green. It can be hard with a busy schedule, but I realized that going green is more than just throwing trash in the trash can. Going green is about making every part of my life as green as possible. With the whole family on board, we wanted to share some ways we’re going green!
What? Yes, we’re refusing certain products to help us go green. At the grocery store, we’re not using plastic. When we get something to go, we’re refusing the straw. Anywhere we can, we’re refusing, so that we can go green! It’s amazing how much plastic is in this world and how many things we use that we don’t need! Try refusing something the next time you’re out and about. Reducing your plastic use is more important now, than ever!
There are so many ways you can reuse in your everyday life. You really don’t even know how much you can reuse until you sit down and think about it. Here are some ways we’re reusing.
- Using a reusable coffee cup in the mornings.
- Using a reusable water bottle throughout the day.
- Reusing items as much as we can throughout the day!
- We’re even using these awesome Organic Reusable Wraps!
- When you put your mind to it, you may be impressed with what you can reuse. Focus on buying products that you can reuse!
Our recycling has gotten out of hand, in a good way. We’re literally recycling anything and everything we can right now. If it can’t be reused, we recycle. You’d be amazed at how important recycling is to saving our planet. Just think, if humans don’t take the time to recycle, things can’t be made out of recycled material. You may be wondering what can be recycled and what can’t.
- Most plastics can be recycled
- Paper and cardboard can be recycled
- Tin and aluminum can be recycled
- Glass bottles
- You cannot recycle pizza boxes, egg cartons, fast food wrappers, foam cups or plates, broken glass.
Check out this complete list of what can and cannot be recycled, right here. Use as many recycled items as you can. One of our favorite items, made out of recycled items, is this awesome trashcan, it also makes recycling quite easy!